If you always wanted to explore Scandinavia, Copenhagen is a good place to start. The Danish capital is famed for its castles, museums, and amusement parks, and even a week here is just not enough. Once you are here, you will be surprised how warm people can be to strangers, and not to forget, Nordic cuisine is amazing. While you can check online for a list of things to see in Copenhagen, here are some of the travel tips that may come in handy.
- Ditch the hotels. If value for money is what you seek, you should skip those hotels and check for holiday apartments in Copenhagen city centre. Some of the best properties are located in Østerbro district, and you will find all sorts of facilities during your stay. Check for penthouses and big properties for your honeymoon.
- Get the Copenhagen Card. The Copenhagen Card offers access to public transport along with free entry to over 80 museums and tourist sites. The card is available for varied durations and is totally worth paying for. You can ask for the Copenhagen Card at the airport on arrival.
- Take a boat tour. From the historic waterfront area of Nyhavn, you can find organized boat tours of the city, which is a great way to explore the sights. These tours also take you close to the iconic Little Mermaid statue, which may seem too small otherwise on a singular trip.
- Taste the beer. Nyhavn has some nice bars, where you can grab a beer, but that can be an expensive affair. What we would recommend is a trip of the Carlsberg Brewery. A point here – it is okay to drink a beer while on a walk in Denmark.
- Follow the dos and don’ts in Freetown Christiania. For the uninitiated, Freetown Christiania is a hippie part of the town, where you will find no cars. Be careful of the dos and don’ts, because taking photos is not allowed.
Finally, do consider taking the bike. Copenhagen is one of the most bike-friendly cities in the entire world, and you will love the experience. Check for rental bikes that have GPS-enabled tablets, which is the best and cheapest way to get around. As for apartment rentals, try and get the bookings done before you arrive to get the best deals. We promise you will find more reasons to come back to Copenhagen!